Friday, October 29, 2010

W-E-L-C-O-M-E to My Space!


So these are the initial musings of first time blogger.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  But I am hopeful that this experience will pose a “break-through” for the reluctant readers and writers in my classes. 

I am a wife, mom, teacher and Full Sail University student pursuing a Master’s degree in Educational Media and Design Technology.  I have never been so engrossed in technology as I have been in the last four months.  In fact, I speak to my laptop before my husband. 

I am excited about this program and need your feedback on my CBR Challenge Question:  “What is the result of using technology to improve literacy skills?”  Already, the hard work at Full Sail has paid off in my classes as I was recently nominated “Teacher of the Year” at my high school.  Yay for me, well almost, I didn’t win but I was flattered and thankful for the nod from my colleagues.  Next year, I‘ll get it. 

As for me personally, I am a busy mom of six children.  (Two have moved on, but there are still four at home!)  As the entire household is in student mode – husband included – we are finding that the family that studies together often fights for the laptop, dictionary, printer, kitchen table and all other things that help to become better, stronger students.  It’s a challenge, but we’re getting through it. 

Well I hope to hear from you bloggers, neophytes and experienced, alike.  I will value any comments, advice, observations you are willing to share. WELCOME

1 comment: