Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 2 Publishing Leadership Project Part 1 of 2: Decisions, Decisions!

Photo Credit: Clip Art



I am in desperate need of advice regarding the Leadership Project due in Week 4. I am stuck between writing a paper, which I would be able to do well or presenting a project, which is a weakness that I know I need to develop. I have been revising my website for Sunday’s submission and I am very proud of the multimedia assets I have incorporated as well as the written documentation I have provided.

On the one hand, writing a paper that could potentially be published would help me in my career plans to teach at the college level. On the other hand, I could use my presentation to persuade school and district administrators to allow me and other colleagues a bit more leeway in using technology right now.

Here are my ideas:
I noticed during what could have been a third cycle, that students drew information from their history class to create an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.

The fair use question came up at the end of cycle two and students learned some things about copyright.

How technology instruction improved literacy and improved test scores. (We just got our data back so I am analyzing.)

Help! Which would be more feasible? The Paper? The Presentation?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ishia I think both options would be great for you, but I am going to encourage you to do the presentation. I have really enjoyed watching your Capstone project and website come together. Everything you have done is so well organized and put together so professionally. I think what you have done with your students with technology and literacy is incredible and needs to be shared with an audience that can see how beneficial it is and perhaps see themselves trying some of the things you have tried.

    ReplyDelete