Friday, June 24, 2011

MAC Week #4, Comment #1 to Ali’s Blog

She said. . .
Week 4 - Art Of Possibility
I could relate to the practice of enrollment. It’s true that passion can be felt and passed on and embraced by others around you. I think it’s important to take every opportunity that comes your way especially never knowing how it will come to you. I love how the author spoke of the lesson his father taught him, that sometimes things are better done in person. I think this is important even today, with all the technology we have I think people are just so used to sending an email or a text message to communicate but with that you lose the human, emotional contact of just having a simple 10 minute conversation face to face. It’s these face-to-face conversations that affect people more than “oh I got an email from so and so.” Most of the time it’s these emails that are disregarded.

I said. . .
Ali I connected with authors’ father as well. The idea of enrollment is one I will take with me and commit to practice in my day to day. I don’t communicate much with technology but I do so enjoy the intimacy of interacting with others face to face. Those types of conversations reveal more than can ever be shared via an email or text message.

No comments:

Post a Comment