Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wk 4 Publishing_Leadership Project


I have decided to submit my leadership project entitled: “Tales of A Tech Driven Teacher” to the National Academy Foundation (NAF). I have been affiliated in a small capacity for two years as an English teacher to academy students at my school. At a recent professional development, conversation centered on the impact core subject teacher can have on students’ understanding of career-related concepts in their academy courses. The aim of NAF is to produce students who have the skills for college and/or work through a focused curriculum in industry, work-based learning in the classroom and through internship and partnerships with industry professionals. Part of NAF’s success is their concentration on new technology, but often core teachers find difficulties integrating it with academy themes students need to become industry certified by the end of high school. I believe that I could help dispel apprehension or lack of confidence teachers may have. The conference is held every July in a major city in the U.S. My second choice would be the Florida Educational Technology Conference held in Orlando in January because of its technology focus. There is a huge following where education and technology are concerned and I admire their use of Animoto.com which has become a staple in my teaching repetoire.

Link to Publishing Leadership Project Blog 1 of 2
Link to Publishing Leadership Project Blog 2 of 2
Link to Leadership Project

No comments:

Post a Comment